Q. What types of timber furniture do you make?
A. We pride ourselves on the knowledge that we are able to create beautiful pieces of furniture that can be made from any style or shape - from traditional pieces to modern artistic styles. Really, when it comes down to it, we can make just about anything you would like from timber. Some of the more unique requests we have had include: American style library, kitchens and an ornate solid timber garage door.
Q. What finish do you use on your furniture?
A. We use a two pack polyurethane in a satin gloss finish for almost every piece we create. The three main benefits of this finish are:
- It has heat resistant qualities that enable you to put coffee cups or heated plates and bowls straight onto your furniture.
- The UV protection within the product helps prevent discolouration.
- This is one of the hardest finishes that can be applied to timber to date, thus helping to prevent scratches and dents.
Other finishes can be used on request.
Q. What timbers do you use?
A. We have hundreds of timbers that are available for us to use. Things to consider if you do not have a specific timber in mind include:
- What is the colour scheme of the room that the piece is going in?
- Is the area well lit? (Dark timbers can enclose a room if there isn't adequate lighting).
- What types of grain do you like? (For example, straight grains or swirling flowery grains).
Q. Do you make chairs as well?
A. We sure do. We have made over 80 different styles of chairs to date. We are happy to design a new style if you cannot find one that suits you from our range.
Q. Can you work with my designs?
A. We can work with your designs or we can sit down and design something just for you.
Q. Can I supply my own timber?
A. Yes you can, however we need to test the moisture content to ensure the timber has been seasoned and is stable before we can work with it.
Q. Do you make extension tables?
A. All of our tables can have extensions built into them. The two main types of extension are:
- Leaf extension - this can be used on the ends of the table or be inserted into the centre of the table.
- Butterfly extension - this is inserted into the centre of the table.
Q. How long will it take to make my furniture?
A. The process takes 8 to 14 weeks once a piece is ordered.
Q. Do you deliver?
A. We personally deliver within Victoria. This enables us to set the piece into position, give it a polish and ensure it is in premium condition. We can arrange freight for interstate and overseas deliveries at a cost or you can make your own arrangements.
Q. What size table can I fit into my room?
A. As a guide we like to ensure a 700mm to 1000mm clearance between the edge of your table and a wall or another piece of furniture or 1500mm clearance from the edge of your table to a wall or other furniture beside a walk way. These sizes give you enough room for people to be seated at the table and still allow someone to pass behind the back of the chair.